At SEMELI HOTEL, we take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. We have been closely monitoring the World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). On a daily basis, our hotels are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps that we as SEMELI HOTEL follow:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge:
Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
We work with our partners and suppliers to make sure our hotels can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the Cyprus Sanitation Department as well as the protective equipment they need for their operations. Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
Guest Rooms Enhanced Cleaning & Hygiene Procedures:
- Elevated cleaning procedures and protocols in place including the use of disinfectants for wiping all high-touch surfaces (i.e. knobs and handles, remote controls, phones, hairdryer, toilet seat and flush, etc.) upon check-out and spray sterilizing each guest room prior to new guest arrival
- Disinfection of room key cards upon check-out
- Smart TV App for in-room dining ordering and in-room services
Public Spaces Preventive Measures:
- Our staff has to wear a surgical mask while on duty
- Posters or notices are displayed at working areas as a reminder to staff on personal hygiene and proper procedures on cleaning and disinfection
- Regular staff training on sanitation is implemented
- Most frequented surfaces such as doorknobs, handrails, elevator buttons, reception counters, public phones, floor mats, etc. are sanitized hourly by Housekeeping Team
- Adoption of Health & Travel History declarations for every Guest upon check-in
- Take temperature check for all Guests and arrange for Guests to complete the Health Declaration Form upon check-in
- Hotel has well prepared full protective gear for staff including head cover, eye cover, N95 mask, protective coat, gloves, and shoes cover to handle a suspected case of COVID-19 & deep cleaning of the hotel property.
Thorough Steps Taken to Ensure Guest Safety During Service Period:
- Service staff has to wear surgical mask and gloves throughout the event
- Chefs have to wear surgical mask and gloves when handling and cooking food items
- A non-contact forehead infrared thermometer will be arranged by our Service staff for taking a temperature check to all invited Guests upon arrival of all restaurants and event venue
- Auto-sanitization dispenser is provided at the public areas
- Social distance of 1.5 metres in practice when queuing at restaurant and service counters, between each table in all restaurants and seating limited to 4 persons on one table only
- All dishwashers are adjusting and running at above 85 degree Celsius which deactivates viruses
Back of House:
In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker room, laundry rooms and staff offices.